Monday, August 15, 2011

Photo Challenge Day 15

One of the reasons I am enjoying this challenge is that it is forcing me to learn how to do new things with my camera. Today's challenge is silhouette and I've always loved silhouette pictures of people but did not have any idea how to actually take one myself! So I turned to trusty old google and found this nice list of tips. I tried to take some pictures earlier today with the morning sun coming in the front window, but the sun was too high and the tree across the street was in the way (and the window was filthy - I have no idea how that happened!) so this evening I made Ben and the girls take a walk to the park so I could try to take some more in the low sun.

It was a beautiful evening and I accidentally took this one, which I love!

And I also managed to get this one of Adele. I am so pleased with how these turned out, and will be taking a lot more in the future!


30 Day Photo Challenge Day 15: Silhouette

4 comments:

Robbie said...

Really like these ones, good job lou lou!!

Unknown said...

What an angel!

Mum said...

What lovely pictures! As always Adele makes a lovely subject.

Carole said...

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!