Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Photo Challenge Day 10

When I was little I loved to watch Bagpuss. According to my Mum I called it "Puss" and it was my favourite.

I tried to introduce it to Fiona but she thinks it's boring. I think it's wonderful. I may or may not get a bit emotional watching this...



It's well known among my Scottish friends and family that I love Bagpuss and one year I was given one as a Christmas gift. I brought him out today to photograph and Fiona really liked him.



That other thing she's holding is Floppy Bunny. My Mum knitted him for me when I was a baby. The tips of his ears are red (the story goes) because she ran out of white wool. I think he used to be fat, but his stuffing got all packed down and now he's floppy. Fiona only got to hold him briefly in case she stopped protecting him adequately and allowed Brodie to get him.

She quickly found that if you squeeze Bagpuss' head he yawns and says "it's rather nice to have a cuddle!". She liked that!


So that's day 10!


30 Day Photo Challenge Day 10: A childhood memory

5 comments:

The Fat Mess said...

I love the bagpuss picture, He looks very real and a touch scary.

Unknown said...

Was there ever an episode called Bagpuss and the Woodpecker Professor? I love getting to know your childhood through these posts :)

Carole said...

Olivia and I read your blog together today (I did the reading part and she did the listening and looking part). We watched the Bagpuss clip and I have to report that she had a similar reaction to Fiona, however, Olivia loved looking at the pictures of Fiona! And I love your childhood memory photo - wonderful!

Mum said...

I still love Bagpuss and I am amazed that you have managed to protect him from Brodie for all these years!

Robbie said...

I still think the mice were the stars of that show...