Friday, March 27, 2009

We're back!

Well, we got back last week, but I been so busy washing all of the clothes that Ben saved up for me that I haven't had a chance to post anything. So here's what we've been up to...

Ben took a couple of days off work when we got back, and it was nice to have a mini-holiday with him. It was extra nice when he got up at 4.30am when Fiona decided it was morning! Luckily that only lasted a few days!

After we got back it suddenly got really warm here... it was wonderful! We took a walk and look at what we found...


It's proof!! Spring might still be on its way! Well, it was for a few days, until it got cold again... but I'm not losing hope! It'll happen! If the trees are convinced, so am I.

Fiona had some fun on the swings... 


And Brodie thought it was so warm that he had to have a rest in the shade.


At the weekend we went to the Autoshow. Ben has been going to the Autoshow since he was a little boy. The one here is not as elaborate as the one in Detroit, but it's still a lot of fun. One of my favourite parts is looking at the ridiculously large vehicles... here are a couple of pictures...


Cadillac Escalade. 6.2L V8. This monster is SIXTEEN feet long. This one is pretty good, but I think I'd need something a little bigger... 


Like this! Ford Super Duty. Nineteen feet long. Can tow a tractor. Just case you ever needed to do that... 

I think part of my fascination with the gigantic ones comes from my recent visit to Aberdeen, where the roads are super narrow and the cars are pretty small. I don't think you could fit either of these down the road in Aberdeen, never mind try to park them!

The other exciting part is of course, the sports cars. 


Ben and Fiona test out a Corvette.


Nissan GT-R. 485 hp, 3.8L twin turbocharged V6, top speed 193mph. This is the one I would choose. And it has back seats, so it's totally family friendly!! When I built one to my specifications on the webite, it was only $87,720... that's a pretty good deal! Maybe for my birthday...

We had a lovely weekend together, then Ben went back to work and Fiona and I went back to hanging around the house. Next week, we're having some very exciting visitors, so I'm sure we'll have more adventures to share then!

2 comments:

Mrs Chronic-Shock said...

Welcome back ladies! Louise, you have fabulous taste in sports cars. I've been eying that GT-R myself.

Cathy said...

We saw a lady bug today on our drive way. That has to be another sign of spring right?