Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bedrest day 5

We're still here! Good job baby!

Things are much the same... baby is looking good on the monitor, and no contractions to speak of. I can really feel her when she moves because of the lack of cushion, it's like a big bag of elbows squirming around in there, but I'm happy she's still in there, so it's ok I guess... :-)

Since there's nothing new to report baby wise, I'll tell you about the wonderful visit I had this evening... two of the awesome ladies from the Mommy group that Fiona and I are members of came by and in addition to entertaining me also brought a big basket full of fun! They put together a basket of really thoughtful and useful items that I'm looking forward to using! Here are some of my favourite things...

Christmas ornaments to decorate myself to brighten the room!

Socks that are not brown and hospital themed...

And Sara made this wonderful little picture of Fiona to keep around... this is great because every time a new nurse comes on I make them wait for me to pull up pictures on my computer to show them, so this will save them some time ;-) I love it!


Thanks for all the wonderful gifts and the fun visit you guys!!

For today's featured menu item I think we'll go with breakfast. My lunch and dinner was good, but for breakfast I forgot to ask for milk to go with my raisin bran so I just mixed it in with my yogurt instead. I could have called them for milk, but I was hungry and didn't want to wait so I went with it!


Presentation: 2/5 - Looks a bit strange, like Fiona invented it...

Taste: 3/5 - It was definitely edible, but probably not a flavour you'd go looking for...

Repeatability: 2/5 - I wouldn't specifically order raisin bran with yogurt again, but it was interesting! If I get really tired of the other food, who knows...

Total score: 7/15. Not bad for such a bizarre breakfast :-)


1 comment:

Michelle said...

What thoughtful presents, I love the socks! And we all definitely need to see a picture of the completed Christmas decorations, how creative are you feeling..?! x