Saturday, December 5, 2009

Back Home...

Today my doctor released me from the hospital... leaving was very bittersweet. On one hand I was looking forward to seeing Fiona and being home, but leaving Adele there was incredibly difficult. We live really close by though, and will see her often.

This morning we stopped by to see her before we left and she had some serious snuggle time with daddy...


I made her a teeny tiny hat... I'm looking forward to having a collection of outgrown baby hats to mark her getting bigger!

The tube in her nose is where they put real food in. I've been bringing her milk and after it goes in her tummy she gets very sleepy and happy. She sometimes gets to taste it in her mouth, but is not old enough to coordinate swallowing and breathing yet, so mostly it's fed right into her tummy. She also has an IV to get more nutrients and fat into her, which hopefully will not be required for more than a week or two. The velcro circle is how they keep her little sunglasses on.

Fiona had kind of an overtired, cranky day. She was happy to see me once she realised that the tummy was once more up for raspberries, but spent a lot of time whining and crying. I think the confusion and changes have just caught up on her. We had some good cuddles, and I'm sure that she'll be back to her usual happy, demanding self in no time :-) She watched the video of Adele, and really enjoyed seeing it... she kept hitting the space bar to replay it and when she saw Adele's tummy she lifted up her shirt and looked at her own tummy. We'll definitely be making more videos for her!

That's all the excitement for today. We'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, how precious!

Grandma said...

It's great that Fiona can start getting acquainted with Adele and her tummy via videos. They're going to be life-long buddies.

Kate Smith said...

Have you been able to pump milk or are you giving formula? You mentioned you "bring her milk" so I figure the first.

Louise said...

Thanks Lori!

Hi Grandma! I hope so!

Hi Kate! I've been pumping. It's going fine... I'll have to talk to you about it some time!