Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Day

I know what you're thinking... 'Valentines day was four days ago!'... But that's where you're wrong. 

Ben and I don't really make a big deal out of Valentines day. We exchange cards, and maybe a little token gift. This year I got him undershirts. He needed them. And I put them in a cute pink gift bag. (Ok, the gift bag was recycled from a baby gift, and it said 'new baby girl' on it...). Anyway, it's the thought that counts, right? I gave him these on Saturday. Valentines day. After about four hours of nothing I asked... 'so did you forget that it was Valentines day?' and he admitted that he didn't think we were celebrating that this year. Dope!

Over the next few days he received some teasing, and not so subtle threats, from friends and family members, and I think the guilt set in, so yesterday, after work, Valentines day arrived in style!!



Yes, your eyes do not deceive you, it's a lace trimmed, it's heart shaped, and it has a big fake rose on the top! It's the cheesiest gift I've ever been given. And I love it! And as if the box isn't gift enough, inside it's full of....


YES! Chocolates!! And as if that wasn't enough... they were half price!! If there's one thing I love more than chocolates, it's half price chocolates!! I guess waiting four days has its advantages!! (The box was full when I got it, but I had to eat some before I got round to taking it's picture.)

So there you have it. I'm sure you'll agree. It was worth the wait. 
 


1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hooray for Ben! Maybe I should send him an E-card congratulating him on a good idea. But I will wait for him to suggest it though.