Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fiona in captivity, and other news

Well, the crib cage tent works great! I impressed even myself with my ability to put it together, despite the bizarre directions, and Fiona doesn't seem to care that she is now a caged beast...


In other bedroom accessories news, I've been stalking Craigslist (local classifieds) for a used glider chair to have for baby 2. With Fiona I had a wooden rocking chair that we got from Goodwill for $30, and it worked, but after many hours of sitting in it, it was far from comfortable. Last weekend I found a glider with matching footstool that seemed like a great deal, so we drove the half hour so see it, and it was in perfect condition! Score!! Fiona was happy to share it with me at first...


But when I moved it into her room she claimed it for herself and is super possessive of it! If someone else sits on it, she'll complain loudly and push them until they get up, and then she'll climb up and sit there triumphantly.


She's also learned how to open and close doors, and gets very frustrated if a door is permanently closed to her. Being refused entry to the basement let to a lying-on-the-floor tantrum. When Ben was having some private time in the bathroom luckily he locked the door...

"Daaa-Daaa?"


"Daa-DAAA?!!!!"

*polite knocking* "Daaaaaaaaa-Daaaaaaaa...."

(Maybe he can't hear me... I'll try yelling through this crack...) "DAAA-DAAA!!!!"

(Well, fine. I'll just sit here and look sad. At least I have my buddy Brodie to hang out with)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I know what Fiona wants for Christmas: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/SeeSnake-micro/index.htm

Erekson's said...

So dang cute! I can't believe we have the same due date how fun is that! And considering we are seriously thinking about moving there, it will be so much fun for the kids to play together! Fiona is super cute.

Unknown said...

NNNNOOOOOOOooooo! Poor Fiona. I like the snake idea Mr / Ms fdsaaasdf, but I think these would be better:
http://bit.ly/3AAZ9G. And I think you can kiss goodbye to that chair Louuse - isn't that just the best photo ever!

Cathy said...

She is so cute! I love this post.Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Unknown said...

I hate it when David tries to have privacy in the bathroom. I go and get the skeleton key and pop the door right open before he even knows what is happening... I love it!

Louise said...

fdsaasdf... ingenious, but a little creepy!

Hi Ereksons! It's really funny, especially because Max and Fiona were only born a day apart! Talk about timing! That's exciting news about your possible move!

Hi Mike... I think those would be a recipe for disaster. We'd have a dog with no tail, a girl missing an ear and I'd be bald. Thanks though! :-)

Hey Cathy! We've missed you!!

Hello Lori! I think it won't be long before she figures out that she can unlock the door with a quarter anyway...

Unknown said...

My cousin is on this season of "Project Runway" and they just had the first show tonight. He lives in Shakopee and has appears to have serious design skills. If Fiona's tent-cage needs any sprucing up, here's the person to call: http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/project-runway-designers/christopher-straub

Oh, and *spoiler alert*:
.
.
.
.
He totally destroyed the competition on the first show to the extent that one destroys their competition via fashion design. It was pretty sweet.

Louise said...

Hi fdsaasdf! That is SO EXCITING!! Ben and I love the show, though we have to watch it after someone puts the episodes on youtube because we don't have cable. We'll be watching out for it!