Friday, June 12, 2009

Thai Food Adventure

Since we moved here, Ben and I have been on a quest to find a 'go-to' Thai restaurant. We've tried a few, but generally we've found them to be overpriced and not that tasty. There's one in particular though (True Thai, on Franklin) that we've passed by many, many times, but have never gone to. Recently we were near by and decided to pick up takeaway from there to give it a try. When we got home I had a closer look at the menu, and found that this is no ordinary Thai food..

Maybe you'd like to start with some soup? Oh, this one sounds good...


"Sure to please"? If it's that determined to "please" maybe they should be calling it Wanton soup. Hussy.

If you're trying to be a little more subtle about your intentions, here's a better choice...


Awww, Sweet!! I hope it also comes with a side of Sebastian from the Little Mermaid to serenade you in a boat. Now that's an enchanted evening! And if you're VERY lucky, a few years later you might still be serenaded from time to time...


But maybe you're not in that kind of mood. Maybe you just want to smile... oh, what do you know? Here's a good choice!


I'm smiling and I didn't even eat it! This stuff is powerful...

But you might be the kind of person who is happiest when at the cutting edge of the latest trend. Then you should have this one...


Or perhaps you don't care about what wacky combination of flavours are there, all you want is something that fits your lifestyle of skydiving and cliff climbing... something adventurous...


But maybe I'm being selfish. Maybe I should be focusing more on how the food feels, and less about my own happiness... Maybe I should be ordering a dish like this...


I'm hoping for an invitation to the baby corn-snow pea wedding. I bet they'll have a long and happy life together. And imagine how cute their kids would be!!

Not only does this menu have something for everyone, it also comes with good advice...



Mmmm Thai food. Delicious and entertaining. We'll definitely be back.



1 comment:

Tanya Cothran said...

Very funny! I particularly like the serenading lobster in the shower. If Snow Pea and Baby Corn don't invite me to the wedding I'm going to be pissed off! :)