Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Update...

Well, nothing super notable has happened in the last week and a half or so, so if you don't want to read a synopsis of our fairly mundane comings and goings, you should skip this one...

Still here? Ok, let's see...

Well, I got a new lens for my camera. It used to be 'our' camera, but I recently took a photography class and learned how to use buttons other than 'auto' and have adopted it as 'my' camera. Which meant I had to pay for 'my' lens out of my allowance.

Side note: yes, I get an allowance. So does Ben. It's mostly to prevent him from buying expensive electronics on a whim. It works very well :-)

Anyway, my lens. I LOVE it. It's a 50mm fixed length lens with an aperture that goes all the way down to 1.8. This means I can take crisp close up portraits with very blurry backgrounds. Like this picture of Monty, for example...


I've been having fun playing with it, though pictures of Fiona are a little trickier because she moves very fast.


Last Thursday was Ben's birthday. Fiona got him the new Dave Matthews Band CD. She loves this video on youtube of one of the songs, and likes to lie on my tummy and watch it over and over and over... (it won't let me put it on here, but here's the link if you want to listen). She learned how to hit the spacebar to make it start again when it finishes, so I don't even have to do that for her now! And if you want to hear some more, this one is my favourite.

I got him a coffee bean grinder and some coffee beans to grind in it. Ben recently developed a taste for the fancy coffee, and apparently the freshly ground stuff is even better. It's kind of pricey though, I'm considering making him pay for that with his allowance too ;-)

Fiona hung out with Grandma and Grandpa while we had some dinner at a place where they give you a free meal on your birthday. Yay!

Over the weekend we raked up leaves in the garden. We didn't do much else. We have a lot of leaves. This week Ben's been working and Fiona and I have been doing music classes and playdates with our friends. Today we went to the Zoo with Cathy and Andrew and saw a scuba diver feeding the fish, and a bird show where an Eagle and Owls and a Macaw fly around your head (and you hope they don't drop any presents on you or mistake you for a field mouse). Fiona was intrigued by the man in the fishtank, and loved the bird show.

("Borrowed" from here)

If you've never had a barn owl fly right over your head, you should come and visit, and we'll go!

That's pretty much it. More exciting stories to come another time!

No comments: