Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fiona is 18 months old!

Yesterday Fiona became one and a half years old. She's growing up so fast *wipes tear*. Today was her 18 month doctor visit checkup/torture session. I thought it was a checkup. Fiona thought it was a torture session...

She normally does not mind being naked in public... in fact, in the past, she has fully embraced public nudity... but today she found it extremely unpleasant to be paraded around in only a diaper and then weighed and measured like some kind of farm animal at market. Still, we made her do it anyway... here are the stats!

She now weighs 21lbs, 13oz, which puts her in the 15th percentile for weight, but has grown to a gangly 33 inches tall, which is the 86th percentile for height. Just imagine if she'd actually eat her dinner, she'd look like a sumo wrestler, but as it is, she's more like a bean pole. Her head circumference is holding steady in the 49th percentile, so she's not looking quite as bobble-headed as last time :-)

I also had to fill in a questionnaire about what she does/does not do... along with such achievements as holds spoon by right end, has frequent tantrums, and plays peekaboo...

(Peekaboo!)

I will now present a selection of things that my incredibly talented daughter can do that were not on the questionnaire...

1. Totally toilet trained... see? No problems with this picture...


2. Washes the dishes...


3. Helps with yard work...




4. Drives a car!


Could this girl be any more talented? Well, I don't think so...

Happy 18 month birthday Fiona!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

She is so cute and so talented! I am sad we missed her big day! A year and a half is a big deal. Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday.

Ali said...

It won't be long until she is 18 years old.... I can just see it now! XXX

Grandma said...

What a doll! I think the doctor's questionnaire should be updated, but of course, then all of the other children (and mothers) would be so embarrassed.

Louise said...

Hi Cathy! We're looking forward to seeing you too!

Hi Ali, I know... time flies when you're getting old!

Hi Grandma! I wouldn't want to make anyone feel bad about their kid, so I guess I'll keep her awesomeness to myself (and anyone who reads the blog ;-)