Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thursday and Friday

The fun continues! On Thursday we hung around the house in the morning... Fiona took a nap, Mum and Dad went for a little walk... we did a lot of laundry. In the afternoon we went to the Como Conservatory... it's this big greenhouse full of plants, so Dad could take lots of plant pictures, and it's free to get in (though they have someone sitting by the door guilting you into donating something). We walked through their tropical section where Fiona, of course, found a big tank with a large turtle in it...



I tried to take a nice picture of Fiona and Granny sitting together on the bench, but Fiona wasn't cooperating, and the best we ended up with was this...


Silly girl...

We looked at some more plants and Fiona had a go at falling in the decorative river and climbing on some things that I'm sure were not designed to be climbed on, then we got ready to go home. Grandpa got some nice photos and Fiona, Granny and I got a lot of exercise. I realised when I was looking at the photos later that Fiona has now mastered the raised eyebrows 'are you kidding me, Mama" face, so that made me a little nervous...


Hopefully it'll be a couple of years before she's asking to stay at playdates later with her friends and texting boys all day.

On Friday we went to the Science Museum in Saint Paul. I thought this might be one of the few places we'd got to that didn't have fish to get excited about, but I'd forgotten that they have some in the "All about Minnesota" exhibit. On Thursday night I had my first photography class, and the teacher told us that we're not allowed to use the 'auto' function on our cameras any more, so most of my pictures of today came out badly and blurry. Good thing I have 3 classes left...

Fiona checks out the fish...


Fiona insisted on climbing up on every available chair, bench, and climbable surface.


We were at the museum for about 2 1/2 hours, and by the end she was totally exhausted.

There's all kinds of cool stuff at the museum, but I can't tell you about much of it because we spent the entire time running around and climbing. She had a great time. I can tell you about this though... she loved it when we were here with Ali and David, and it's appeal had not faded this time... it's a big barrel that represents the size of a Diplodocus stomach that you can climb up into and crawl through.


We did this for probably 20 minutes before some other kids wanted a turn!

Shortly after that we went home again, tired out from the adventures of the day.

And now it is Saturday... what excitement does today hold? Only time can tell...







No comments: