Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Daddy and his Girls

Another Father's day has come and gone, and with it the annual trip to Fuddruckers. We go more than once a year since it's Ben's second favourite restaurant (but don't tell it that it was bumped from the #1 spot, it was there for many, many years) but we have a tradition of going there to celebrate Father's day. This year involved an even earlier wake up than last year since Adele was up for the vast majority of the hours between 11pm and 6am the night before, and when Fiona woke up around 6.30am I don't think I even remembered it was Father's day before giving Ben a (loving) poke in the ribs. In addition to that, he also had to make his own Father's Day breakfast. I'm sure Fiona helped though. She's useful like that ;-)

For nostalgia's sake, here's the photo series...
2008


2009

2010


Yes, they were taken with Ben's phone because I forgot the camera. And yes, he's wearing the same shirt as 2009, but I swear I've washed it since then. I'm not that far behind on laundry.

After lunch we also went to Best Buy, so Ben had a really nice day. Happy Father's Day!

In other news, Fiona has been being a funny goofball and a smartie pants. She has been doing a lot more pretend play, and has been putting her toys to bed, acting out little plays with them, etc., which is hilarious and adorable...


Until she decided to play at being a puppy...


At least all that doggie water isn't hurting her brain... here she is counting!



I love that she poses for a picture in the beginning of the video. She's whining at the end because she wanted me to give her the camera so she could take pictures.

Adele has been smiley and happy, but then Fiona gave her the cold and she's been pretty miserable for the last few days. She has a nasty cough and an ear infection, but hopefully the antibiotics will have her sorted out in the next few days.

Here's a video of her being happy. For some reason she loves to lie in the bathroom on the changing mat. Sometimes when I need to put her down and do something I'll put her in there and she lies there quite happily for a while. It's odd, but it's the only way the small amount of laundry I do ever gets done :-)



I'm sure there are many other important things that I am forgetting, and I know I have a lot of food experiments to share, but I'll have to try to remember them another day because it's bedtime. These girls are fun, but also completely exhausting :-)

No comments: