Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Notice anything different?

What's different here with this sleepy little sweetie?


No feeding tube!! Yesterday they changed her rules so she could eat when she feels is (every 2-4 hours instead of every 3 hours exactly), and how much she feels like. The doctor wanted to see how she'd do and if she'd eat enough on her own. She's been doing great, and today they took her feeding tube out! She has to do well for another day or two, and if she does, she can come home! If she doesn't do well enough, they'll put the tube back, but let's assume that's not going to happen...

It makes me happy to be able to see all of her beautiful tiny face!

Fiona had a new thing too! Today was her first day of daycare. She'll be going for 5 hours a day twice a week to give me some extra time to work. I started a part time job on Monday, and it's almost impossible to get work done with Fiona around, so daycare will be great! She apparently had a good day and even took a nap. I think daycare will be good for her too because she's really picking up on a lot of different things and talking and learning more. Here's a video of her being a smarty pants...



I am just so proud of both of my girls! :-)

7 comments:

Tanya Cothran said...

How's the new job going?? I love that Fiona helps wash dishes!

Jocelyn said...

Congrats to both girls! Adele is beautiful. I see some of Fiona in her. Where does Fiona go to day care? I could use some suggestions. Also what's your new job? You are so busy!

Hazel Spupspe said...

Yay, one or two days! I'm sending good thoughts that she will do well.

Unknown said...

YEAH!

Zoe's Mom said...

Go Adele :) Oh it's so wonderful to be able to see your baby's face without a tube :)

Go Fiona too! She's changed so much since last I saw her!

Mum said...

What a pair of superstars! Can you teach Fiona to say that Granny loves her too?

Louise said...

Hi Tanya! I love it too, it's actually kind of helpful!

Hi Jocelyn! I will send you an email with the details. Don't let me forget!

Hi Hazel, thanks for the good thoughts! They helped!

Lori, I agree

Susan, we need to gtg!

Mum, I can try! :-)