Saturday, January 23, 2010

First Week Home

This is a very non-exciting update, but I thought I should update anyway. We've had a really nice week with our new tiniest love. Fiona calls her "Dell" which already spawned the nicknames "Delly-Bean" and "Dellerson". Fiona likes her a lot, and keeps trying to feed her her bottle and stick her sooky (pacifier) back in her mouth. When Adele cries Fiona says 'Uh-Oh, Dell' and thinks I should go and help her. Occasionally she will try to do things like sit on top of Adele when she's in a spot that Fiona would like to be in, but for the most part she's being a great big sister.

So we've spent some time cuddling...

Adele realised that cuddling is much nicer than being alone in her bed, so insists on being cuddled all day. This can be inconvenient so I made her her own moby (using the same technique I used for Fiona's, only with fabric that doesn't need to be hemmed and is much stretchier).



I tried to take some nice pictures of her, but she just got angry when I disturbed her, and all I got were pictures of her being irritated, very irritated, and angry...

I'll have to try again another time.

Fiona was her usual goofy self, doing things like putting her trousers on her head...

And trying to put diapers on Elmo and feed him juice...



We really haven't been doing much. Everything is good. We're just enjoying hanging out with our beautiful, silly girls.


Next week Ben has to go back to work, and I'm sure messing with the one on one kid to adult ratio will cause some problems, but hopefully we'll muddle through!





3 comments:

Robbie said...

Hahaha that last photo of adele is horrendous, you'll have to keep it unseen for her 16th or something.

Love Robbie

Cathy said...

Love the video. I want to see you guys...Wednesday lunch maybe?

Louise said...

Thanks Lori!

Robbie, I'm sure by then I'll have a variety to choose from :-)

Cathy, It's Thursday now... I'm sorry!! Maybe next week...