Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The internets are trying to tell me something...

I know it's been a long time since you all got an update. We've been doing things, but mostly we've been going to the doctor, so there hasn't been as much fun to share. Fiona has had the cold non stop since she started daycare in January, and in February she stepped it up and had two ear infections. Last Saturday she got a high fever and has been complaining of a tummyache, resulting in a trip to the emergency room on Sunday. They didn't find anything wrong with her that could be causing it, so we're just waiting it out. She seems better today, so hopefully she's getting over it. Adele has been back and forth to the doctor for various reasons... not pooing, conjunctivitis, general weigh checks. I think on average we've seen or spoken to some kind of healthcare provider 2 or 3 times a week since mid-January. ROLL ON SPRING!!

In happy news, Fiona LOVES her little sister.

As soon as Adele starts grumbling or crying Fiona starts looking for her sucky and yelling 'sucky, sucky'. She loves to give her kisses too, and sometimes will ask to hold her.

Her favourite thing is to help with diaper changes, which mostly involves climbing up on the changing table and poking at Adele's bellybutton. She tries to encourage me to change Adele so she can have access to the bellybutton by pointing to Adele's diaper and saying 'poo' or 'potty'.

Fiona has become endlessly entertaining. She talking a lot now, and is working on learning her alphabet, colours, and counting to 5. Every day she does something new and goofy that makes me laugh, like chasing Brodie around for hours draping towels on him...



Or clumping around in my fancy shoes...



Adele is 3 momths old today (but 3 weeks adjusted) and is now sleeping better at night. Last night she slept from 12-2, then 3-7 which was by far the best night's sleep I've had lately! Somehow the internets seem able to sense my tiredness because today on facebook they were trying to sell me "nuvigil" which is "a prescription medicine used to improve wakefulness throughout the day" and is targeted at adults with excess sleepiness. They have a quiz on their website to assess your level of sleepiness, and after admitting that there is a slight chance of me dozing in my car at a stop light, they told me I scored a 19. Apparently 10 or more means you should hit up your doctor for a nuvigil prescription, which does sound totally awesome. But really, who doesn't fall asleep reading, watching tv, at movies, in meetings, in the car, and during conversations?

That's all for now. I've been sitting down for more than a few minutes and I'm falling asleep...






3 comments:

The Fat Mess said...

I can only assume that Fiona is horrified that you let Brodie wander about naked. And rightly so!

Tanya Cothran said...

Fiona is a crazy gal! I love the "turn and look" pose in the fancy shoes. Her kiss for Adele is sweet.

Luckily we haven't been to the doctor as often as you but we have had to take Hazel to the vet every day this week. She's not eating. :( Qwill, on the other hand, is still as hungry as ever!

Louise said...

Hi David! She does the same thing to Monty, so I have to assume you're right.

Hi Tanya. I hope Hazel feels better soon!